Cell Phone

Sasha

Do you constantly use your cell phone? When you go on a camping trip to you leave the phone at home or use it? I just get really mad at the hubby when he is constantly on it (web or texting) while we are suppose to be enjoying the outdoors and each other.

CatsEye

I usually take mine but have it turned off unless there's an emergency. It's a good thing to carry but I don't like to talk on it anyway, let alone when I'm out and about.

April

I would be highly irritated! I like to use my phone to text all the day time hours. At night though I tend to ignore my phone to be focused on family, so I do the same when out camping and such. I have it, but I am not using it.

Barney

I always carry my phone and I keep it on but on silent mode. Sometimes I need to call others. It can be useful in case of emergencies like others have said.

campclose

I always take the cell phone with me, you never know if you will need it. I leave it in the car and check it usually a couple of times a day to see if there are any emergencies. If not, then I don't get on it for any reason.

tentmom

No cell phones! It's a rule when we camp. The kids have to leave the phones and the computers home and we leave ours in the car or camper too. You don't need a cell phone if you are camping, you just need to relax and spend time with your family.

Seven

I do not use mine while camping either. I have it 'just in case', but don't text or call anyone unless I NEED to. The phone stays in the car where it is safe from the weather and I check it one time at night.

Bud

Same here. Most of the places I go to are so remote that there is no service. A cell phone is about as UN-natural as it gets. When I go camping, it's about leaving civilization behind and tuning into nature.

YogiBear

We take ours with us since there are times it might come in handy. My girls would not go if they couldn't take their phones either.