Charter Fishing/Dolphin Watching

rayne

My sea captain brother has a charter business on the east coast. Last summer as he was going out with a group of people, some dolphins decided to tag along. He took some great pictures and his clients got the thrill of seeing nature up close.

Gabbie

We fish in the Gulf a lot and once in a while some will "surround" us and follow for a distance. It's amazing that they know just how close they can get to the boat. They put on some great shows for us sometimes by jumping out of the water and doing flips, etc. You almost feel like you are at Sea World sometimes. :)

Grandpa

When we made our pilgrimage east to the Atlantic, we walked out on some pier reaching into the ocean. About then a school of dolphins swam by, how neat was that?

campclose

One of my favorite things to do when at the Ocean is to take the Dolphin tours. It's cool that the dolphins wanted to tag along and it wasn't even a tour! Once when we were swimming in the Ocean, a group of 3 swam pretty close to us.

Pathfinder1

hi...

There can be many thrilling sights to be seen when at sea.

When Uncle Sam saw fit to put me aboard a ship, many times we would watch the dolphins cavorting in the sea alongside. They were a favorite to watch. Or perhaps a whale would be seen. And watching flying fish was always interesting.

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Gabbie

Now a whale is something that I have not had the pleasure of watching. As I mentioned above, we see dolphin all the time and always enjoy watching them, but a whale would be another experience altogether!

Marshmallow

We spend a lot of time at the North Carolina beaches during the summer and have a place on the Albemarle Sound where we summer. The area has built up so much that dolphin pods often travel far up the Sound to areas where they were unheard of 20 years ago. They seem to keep time schedules, too, for we know precisely when to expect one of the pods.