Christmas at the campground?

LoveTheWater

Have you and your family ever spent Christmas camping at a campground? We did this one year when the kids were younger. It was actually fun. There were a few other families there also and the campground had a nice Christmas dinner all cooked up for everyone. :)

Dusty

We didn't ever spend a Christmas camping but we did spend a Thanksgiving camping one year. We really felt the need to get away, so we did!

ejdixon

If all the planning goes well, we actually might have a family reunion/camping in California for Christmas. Definitely crossing my fingers on that one.

StillLikeToCamp

We have done this a time or two over the years. It was actually fun and always had a great time. We would put up a little tree and I always had some presents wrapped to put out on Christmas morning. Most everyone that was at the campgrounds we did stay at always seem to get together for a big dinner.

Gabbie

We have done this in the past and may do it again. Sometimes we just like to do things a little different and it usually turns out to be fun in the process. As long as we are all together in the same place, we are good. :)

hippieP

Never Christmas for us or anyone I know but I do know someone this year who spent Thanksgiving camping. They just wanted to get away from the rush of everything and thinking about it now, I really do not blame them.

JimBob

We have Christmas traditions that we do every year so camping wouldn't fit into those plans. As much as I love camping, I wouldn't want to give up a warm house for the cold outdoors during that time. I don't think the family would like to either.

ejdixon

Well, looks like no Christmas camping this year for us. My sister's quite concerned that the weather may be too cold for my nephews. Oh well!

Otto

The cold winter i think at home for Christmas will be more suitable.
delicious food, xmax cake, xmax tree, and xmax gifts. LOL Of course, don't forget the laser stage lighting.

Last edited:

den's wife

I think if we ever go south during the winter, we'd spend Christmas at the campground. But much as I love camping, I love being home with the tree and family visiting even more.

ejdixon

The cold winter i think at home for Christmas will be more suitable.
delicious food, xmax cake, xmax tree, and xmax gifts. LOL
That's a very good point, Otto, especially if you're just the guest and coming over to enjoy everything.