Climbing after a break

climber4life

I've been away from climbing for about 6 months due to an injury and I'm looking for some suggestions about how to ease back into it. I want to start again in a few weeks. Any ideas?

Shanna

I'd start doing some weight lifting if I were you. Chin ups would also be beneficial. Here I am giving you advice and I don't even climb a tree! LOL
But I believe you would have to do all over strengthening if you were to ease back into it.

Pebbles

Just make sure that your injury is completely healed and that you can support your weight without re-injuring the area. Maybe trying to climb some hills with steep inclines or a hiking area with some rugged terrain would be a good test.

LytWind

I disagree with both answers. 6 months is a long time to have stopped hiking. You body needs reconditioning and you should start with the lightest workouts like jogging on parks.

If you are an athletic person, the suggestions of weight lifting and hiking in rugged terrains are alright.

climber4life

It's not hiking, but rather climbing and bouldering. I still walk and hike in flat terrain areas. It's the climbing that I've missed. I do think that easing into it is important, but that's as far as I've gotten.