Cookies

cookielover

What a silly thing to think I would not love me some cookies on a camping trip? :)

I tend to bake my own the night before - late at night before we sleep for a few hours, then wake early & head out. This way I can still wrap them up fairly quick when they come out of the oven and we can have moist cookies for the day trip.

failghe

I sometimes eat coookies for breakfast. I also sometimes eat eggs for dinner. I believe there is no "Right time, Wrong time" to eat something. If I am hungry and the mood hits..Why not? I do want to try cookies in my camp dutch oven.

calanta

I have tried once to cook the premade cookies on a trip before but it was a total pain only because we could not find the proper "helper" items to hold the pan up. We had a simple one that only held about 9 cookies, but they were ok'ish to eat (nothing super, but we ate them anyways).

lovetohunt

Nothing wrong with that. Our kids love to eat cookies around the campfire too. It's just something they enjoy. I think it reminds them of home. We usually always take a pan of brownies too.

cookielover

I wonder how hard it would be to do up a batter mix the night before and set that out. the premades might end up being easier just for that fact. :/

smellslikedirt

I pack all kinds of snacks that I think I may want on a camping trip and baking cookies the night before is definitely a good idea, I may try that next time. What do you carry them in so they don't get crushed?