Cooking a Goose

rayne

My brother told me one time how to cook a goose. Season it well, stuff it with plenty of carrots, apples and onions and then roast until golden brown. Eat the carrots, apples and onions and throw the goose away. I didn't believe him but after all was said and done, it was the worst tasting fowl I have ever cooked. Is that the nature of the bird or could I have done something to improve it?

Grandpa

Good recipe rayne. About the same as the one I use for antelope.

Find a good clean cedar shingle
lay one choice antelope steak on the shingle
cover antelope with apple slices, pear slices
Season to taste
Bake for 30 minutes at 400
Throw the meat away and eat the shingle

Antelope meat gets a bad rap but is actually quite good if you can get the meat cooled down quickly.

Gabbie

LoL, here I thought I was going to pop in here and learn how to cook a goose (if I ever came across one to cook that is). And I end up finding out how to eat cooked fruit! :)

Bumpkin

LoL, here I thought I was going to pop in here and learn how to cook a goose (if I ever came across one to cook that is). And I end up finding out how to eat cooked fruit! :)
That's what I was thinking, Gabbie! I have a friend who went goose hunting last week and I was actually coming here to see if anyone knew how to cook it. There has to be some way to make it edible.