Cooking forks or sticks?

Bobby

Do you prefer to pack in a cooking fork for things like hot dogs and marshmallows, or do you just use a stick? I'm a stick man, myself.

JDSport

I am old fashioned as I love to camp in a tent, start my own campfire with sticks, and best of all cook on the campfire with sticks.

Refrigerator

Depends on if I am backpacking long distance or just a overnighter. I have many cooking options as I like to think I have that because of my experience of 25 plus years Backpacking and 26 years Car camping...

dinosaur

troublemaker
About two years ago I carved a three foot long fork out of hickory for my niece. The fork has two tines about three inches long for roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. I carved her name in the side of it and she's been using it for the last couple seasons and still loves it. She'll be five in April and I expect she'll be using it into her teens. I guess I'm a stick man.

woodsman

If you are going to grill something only using sticks it will require dexterity gained by eating chinese traditionally. I usually use a fork myself, but if what I'm cooking is not high maintenance I don't mind sticks.

Chippin

I normally use sticks but it depends on who's with me. Everyone has their own preference. a lot of my friends use forks because they think it's 'cleaner'. Come on. You're out in the woods anyway, why not live a little risky?