Cooler corn

outdoorchick

Someone sent me this in an email this morning, and I thought it was pretty cool. If you are camping (or at home) and you need to cook some corn on the cob you can use your chest cooler. Just put your shucked corn in the bottom and pour a couple of pans of boiling water over it. Close the lid and leave for 30 minutes. When you open it up you have steamed corn on the cob!

CFlyer

That's an interesting way to cook corn. Do you think the cooler won't get damaged when hot water is poured into it? I guess this is useful when camping out but I will just use the pot when I'm at home.

Needadventure

I have heard of this before, but I have never tried to do it. I actually like to wrap my corn in aluminum foil and throw it on the grill.

3ofusnow

That's a pretty cool idea right there. This would work well if you were cooking a whole bunch of corn on the cob for a large crowd.

Gabbie

I haven't heard of this idea but I think it would be work good, especially if you had a lot of corn to cook and didn't have room on the stove. Maybe I will give this a try. Thanks.

AlwaysOutdoors

I have never heard of this way of cooking corn, but it makes since. Putting all that boiling water in there and closing the lid would help steam/cook it. Maybe I will give this a try the next time we have a lot of corn to cook. :)

Shannon

We've got a bunch of people coming over for a fish fry this weekend and I am going to give this a shot. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

rockin

Seriously? You can just put boiling water in your cooler? That sounds pretty cool. How would you have boiling water though? If you could boil it why not put the corn in the pot you boiled it in?

dinosaur

troublemaker
rockin, you're not boiling the corn. You just pour a pot of boiling water into an insulated box. You don't have to cover the corn with it. You just have to raise the temperature of the box and seal it to keep the heat in. The corn cooks because it works like an oven.