Crafts At The Campsite

SweetSassyLady

I have been taking some of my knitting with me when I go camping and it's been wonderful for me to be able to have some undivided time to concentrate on it. It's so nice not to have the distractions of TV and phone to interrupt my knitting.

rockin

:) Too funny. I would not take crafts with me camping - I like to enjoy being outdoors and the peace of it all. Crafts belong home for me. I'm glad that you enjoy it though.

Bosco

We do a 3-4 family trip every summer with 15 kids between us, usually at or near the No California coast. I'd always wanted to do sand candles, so a couple years ago I brought enough stuff for all the kids to make one. What a blast ! The kids gathered up rocks and shells and twiggs and bits of glass from the beach, whatever they wanted to use to decorate, and had a ball. Messy, and a little pricey for the wax, but very memorable.

MtMakiling

Yes, sometimes you need a new environment to finish your project. I sometimes just go to the park to write or to compose a poem. The fresh air outside gives the brain its much needed oxygen and it makes you concentrate better.

LongShanks

My craft is backpacking. I do pretty well with it too. ;) Seriously though, my lady does take a book with her. She says it relaxes her and that's fine with me. I usually try a little whittling while I'm sitting around the fire.

Grandpa

My grand niece usually has knitting along, brother in law always brings a book or three. One of his kids got him a ?kindle if thats what you call them. So he should be in good shape. As for me, after packing 8-10 miles and getting camp set up, I usually do a cool down hike exploring the area. Some of my pards take a nap, others go fishing. And the kids always find the nearest water for a swim.