Cruise ship fishing?

Rookie

I don't suppose they allow fishing from cruise ships, do they? We are considering a cruise this year, and if they allow fishing that would clinch it. If we can't fish from the ship, do you suppose we could fish during port stops?

(Can you tell we haven't been on a cruise before?)

Lorax

You can not fish from a big cruise ship, but you should be able to stop in ports and get hooked up with fishing guide services that know the cruise schedules and can get you to and from the ship in time the day that you are in that specific port.

CruiseCritic.com

You'll find everything you need there.

Rookie

Thanks, Lorax. The cruise lines must be hurting for business because they are offering some great packages. Knowing we can get in some fishing just sweetens the deal.

Lorax

Thanks, Lorax. The cruise lines must be hurting for business because they are offering some great packages. Knowing we can get in some fishing just sweetens the deal.
Prices are awesome right now. I just got back from 10 days on a South/Central American cruise.

Stop at each place and do some unguided hiking and snorkeling and it's back on for meals and entertainment. Do it all again the next day. We do one a year.

I know people who have spent the day on fishing trips at the ports. Use that website to ask questions. you'll find the best info there.

Rider One

You couldn't fish from a big cruise ship. It's a long, long way down to the water from those things. Like someone said, though, they have lots of fun turns and if fishing is your thing, there is probably a tour for it.

JDSport

You can do all sorts of fun things while in ports of a cruise. We are going on a 5 night to the Bahamas in August and we are really excited! We are going to scuba dive for the first time.