Dannytoo

Dannytoo

This is not my first post but it was suggested I needed to post here so I could be be propely welcomed.
I am an O-F (old feller) that likes to camp, hike and just be outside. I mainly camp (car camp) by myself except when a grandkid or two go along.
This seems to be a great group, I have been read post for a few weeks now and everyone seems to enjoy the forum and sharing information.

CozInCowtown

Oka I know where bull horn, Opoussum, Big Dump, Bad Breath, Gun Barrel, and Lubbock is but where is Goatneck, Texas.:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
Just southeast of Nemo, not far from Rainbow near Bono.
:tinysmile_hmm_t2:
They do a famous bike ride for charity every year.
Near the intersection of FM 200 and FM 56.
Coz

Last edited:

Dannytoo

Well I ain't lost I just can't find Goatneck, Texas. Went out lookin' and it ain't there? I did find Bono, but it was just East of Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, and Nemo was was West of Cooked coon, Oklahoma. Never did run across Goatneck. I think you might be pulling on my chain. Lol

Grandpa

Welcome Dannytoo, and speaking of Coz "pulling your chain", know where that phrase came from? Serious?

Hardrock miners, working deep underground in the mines, sometimes have to facilitate a facility. Hence, the company would have one ore car dedicated for the purpose, complete with a wood covering except for the necessary hole in the top. This "honey wagon" would then be placed in a dark section of the track for the miners use. Of course horseplay is always present and in this case, while someone was atop the honeywagon mediatating on the higher purposes of life, his fellow workers would sneak up behind and give the cart a big shove down the track. This resulted in a somewhat embarrassing situation for the person atop the cart, considering his pants were down and he had nothing to hang on to.

The solution to stop this embarrassing situation was to place a short piece of chain on the track against the cart wheel to act as a brake and also to act as a warning if someone was to "yank your chain", giving the cart rider a chance to react.