Dessert?

Bruen

I need some ideas for making sweets over the fire. I generally use 1 pot which is sort of like a dutch oven, but I've never attempted any desserts on site. Since the family will be along, I was hoping I could make something like a cobbler in it. Any ideas?

peanut

I think you can make a cobbler in a frying pan can't you? I have never done it but I know I have seen it on TV. A cast iron fryer would probably be the way to go.

southerngal

Sounds like a good idea but I don't have any recipes for you. We usually just go with smores most of the time. I am pretty sure there are some dessert recipes in this section of the forum though.

faye

Chocolate or cheese fondue? It won't hurt to try since you use a dutch oven-like pot. All you can do is dip some marshmallows or French bread in it.

Ilovelife

I love to make pie over the fire. You can do it in a dutch oven if you want I also like to make no bake oatmeal cookies when we are camping. It is a fun and easy treat and a change from smores.

deb60

You can use pie irons and make mini pies. They are easy. You can use bread and pie filling, or bisquick and pie filling. How about banana boats? They are bananas in the peel, split them open, put in mini-marshmallows, choc. chips and then wrap them in foil. Cook them over the campfire. They are heaven!

failghe

Here is a easy one, although I haven't tried it yet.
Mountain Dew Blackberry Cobbler.
Pour 2, 21 ounce cans of blackberry filling into the bottom of a greased DO, spreading evenly.
Sprinkle 1, 18 ounce box of yellow cake mix on top of filling. Do Not Stir!
Pour 1, 12 ounce can of Mountain Dew over the cake mix. Do Not Stir!
Bake for 35-45 minutes using 7 coals under the DO and 16 coals on lid.

staime

Peach Cobbler

* Large can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
* Bisquick

Drain off syrup. Save 1/4 cup of this syrup. Mix the 1/4 cup of syrup with Bisquick until it forms a batter type consistency. Pour batter back over sliced peaches in the can. Place lid over mix. Set can into hot coals. Cook until flour has formed hard dumplings.
How about something simple and easy like that? I just did a quick find on the net and that's what popped up, I am not one for peaches but you might give it a go or maybe sub it out with something else.