Do you camp in your backyard?

summer

I remember growing up and on the weekends my friends would come to my house and we would always camp out. It was so much fun. We would pitch a tent, grab our sleeping bags, flash lights and snacks then head out for the night.

Do you ever camp out in your backyard?

Chump

I think we all did at one time or another. One of the guys I knew years ago, he would take his kids for a Backyard Bonfire Camp every month. They would go to the far corner of their yard and have a great time.

looey

I am currently trying to explain to my niece (who I adore of course), why we can not camp out in the winter time. We could of course, but it would be nasty weather to deal with and we do not have a fire pit in the back yard just yet. :D

firefly

I did this as a kid too. I also let my kids do it. When your a kid you can imagine that you are anywhere. I loved it. It`s not as much fun when your an adult though lol.

Pebbles

We did this just last summer. We had a trip planned and my husband ended up having to work. So instead of us leaving him behind, the kids and I surprised him by setting the tent up in the backyard. We had a great time.

Christie

Actually, this was my first experience with camping. I had never really camped before, and was thinking about taking the kids on a short trip. But, I wanted to see if we would be up for it and be able to do the set-up and everything. So we did a test run in our backyard. We had a great time and it all went smoothly and did it a couple more times just for fun when we couldn't get away.

campclose

All the time. I let my daughter have friends up and camp out too. We do big campfires and sleep in tents. It's a ton of fun! We live in the country and have lots of land.

Shanna

Yes we did. My niece had an all girl camp out on a local farm for her 17th birthday party. Of course I was the chaperone to make sure none of the boys crashed. But we have camped out in the back yard a lot of times. We do on the fourth of July all the time to watch the fireworks from the local town. We live on a small hill and can see the fireworks. It's beautiful!

mommyof2boys

Of course! And now we have two little boys who love it, too! Perfect for weekends you can't necessarily leave for the whole weekend but need some tent time! :)

wildberry

We did! It was great! One time at my cousin's house, we even "camped" out in a bunch of refrigerator boxes that our uncle brought to the house for all of us to play in. He did it so we would have something to occupy us - and it worked!!

Camping in the yard is great! Now we live in the country, so when we camp out back, it IS in the "wilderness". LOL!!

BigBear

We used to do this when the kids were little, usually at the beginning of summer when the weather was still a bit more unpredictable. The kids always thought it was the coolest thing.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
We camp a lot, so we don't camp in the yard, but my friends camp in my yard now and again.

I have a really big back yard with forest at the back, so if I have friends over and we are sitting around the fire pit having beers, sometimes they will get all gowd up and not be safe to drive, so out come the tents.

Oddly, it's the same 3 guys that usually camp in my yard lol.

lovetohunt

We love to camp out back. It's a lot of fun for the kids. They always have friends over and we let them sleep outside in the tent or in the pop-up camper. We even have a big bon-fire for them.

failghe

I think that I may have to setup one of the tents and camp in the backyard this weekend. Haven't done that in years. You're never too old to camp in your own back yard? Right?