Do you carry a first aid kit in your backpack?

ultimatesurvivor

I always have bandages and some rubbing alcohol to disinfect a wound, but I find it useless to carry a big box that just takes up too much space in my backpack.I never even needed to use the bandages, aside from a few scrapes I never had any trouble.

Fox38

It depends on how long of a hike I will be on. I always have band-aids and tylenol with me. If I'm going on a longer hike and I have a backpack then I toss in the small first aid kit.

limaker

I have a mid size one just to be on the safe size, when we do our trips depending on who goes there are always at least two of us that managed to be a little accident prone. So far this year I have managed the worst only coming down to skeeter bites or a sprained ankle.

Michael

I carry a little first aid kit in a bag whenever I go into the woods. It's got your basic wound care stuff, some pain reliever, tweezers, and a couple other items. I've removed extraneous material and converted the extra space into storage for equipment to deal with unexpected situations (flashlight, batteries, an extra compass, etc).

I actually take the thing with me almost wherever I go. It sits in the bottom of the bag I take to work when I'm not out hiking.

jason

fear no beer
I always try and carry one. I have one that is in my carrier for my daughter that stays in there. I have on in my truck that stays there. One in my kayak that stays there. I guess I'm just too careful.

hikingprincess

Being a big klutz I always carry a first aid kit with everything because I am pretty sure I am going to hurt myself at some point!

faye

I always carry my first aid kit with me. It's always crucial to bring it when I'm out in the woods especially that I wouldn't know what could happen to me.

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I always try and carry one. I have one that is in my carrier for my daughter that stays in there. I have on in my truck that stays there. One in my kayak that stays there. I guess I'm just too careful.
I do the same thing. Each pack and vehicle has it's own permanent kit. They have come in handy on many occasions not just for me, but for other people who needed a sudden arm leak or something patched up.

jeddah

I have a small emergency kit that will always be handy whenever accidents/injuries happen to me. Even if I'm at work and away from woods, I bring it along with me.

Alliegator

I'm an EMT so yeah, I carry a full kit along with a CPR breathing shield just in case. I ALWAYS carry benadryl and an Epipen because my husband is allergic to bee stings. So, yeah, I have a ton of stuff with me. It is heavy but it's well worth it for the times I've had to use it.

puddle jumper

Most of the time we go out we have the kids with us and inevitably someone ends up getting a scrape or a splinter. Usually nothing major, but being able to clean it and put some Neosporing and a bandage make me and the kids feel better. So I usually have a bag on me with first aid basics.

Thumper

We came upon a lady who had been stung by a wasper once who was allergic to bee stings. I had some generic benadryl on me and I gave it to her. It helped a little-at least long enough for the rangers to get there and drive her out to help. I was so scared I thought she was going to have a heart attack.

JDSport

I always carry a first aid kit with me. My children are pretty young so I am just in the habit. My first aid kit goes in the diaper bag everywhere. I also have one that is in the car at all times that is a little more extensive than the carrying case.

Hannah

I carry a first aid kit as well as other supplies in my pack. I would rather be over prepared than under prepared. Better safe than sorry.

Thelosthiker

It's always better to be prepared... otherwise something happens and you didn't bring anything but band-aids, you'll regret it.
I bring everything from band-aids to gauze pads/rolls to quik clot and everything that is needed for life threatening situations. Even though I know the hike is safe, I Always bring it!! cuz you never know what can happen ;)