Do you clean your own fish?

Buster

I learned how to do this as a kid from my dad. Many places where I fish have someone on shore who will clean your fish for you for a fee. I prefer to clean my own. Partly because spending the money is a waste for me. And, partly because it grosses out my wife and daughters.

Justin

Yup, clean my own. I couldn't see paying to have them done. I do not even know of any place around here that does that.

greengrass

Buster, you sound like my husband. LOL Although after years of watching him clean fish it doesn't bother me that much anymore. I don't clean them but I'll stand around and talk to him while he does. Does that count? :)

WaterBaby

Definitely clean my own; or rather, "we" clean "our" own. Usually it's more like I'm doing garbage duty while someone else in the family does the actual scaling, cutting, and gutting, but usually we fish in places that don't have anyone to clean it for you :)

popupgirl

I don't clean my own, but my hubby does. I wouldn't want to touch the dead fish. I like to fish I just hate touching them when they are dead, slimy and scaly. I will cook them, he cleans them. I think it's a fair trade! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

rvmom

I learned to clean fish when I was a little girl. My mom always cleaned the fish that my dad and brother caught in the river behind our house. My husband likes to go deep sea fishing and they clean the fish for you at no charge. They just want a tip. I love to watch the seagulls gather around at fish cleaning time.

Trekker

I'll admit; I don't know the first thing about cleaning fish. I definitely pay to have them cleaned so that I'm sure to have it done right and not have to worry about scales in my dinner. :p