Do you drink when you camp?

firefly

I have had beer when I was camping with my ex and some friends. We had no kids with us. I have heard some pretty wild campers though lol. If I had little kids I wouldn`t drink. But being all adults I think if it`s kept decent and not rowdy.

Traveler

I don't drink when I go camping.

I wake up before dawn when I go camping because I like star gazing. The stars seem to be at their brightest before the sun comes up. I just soda if I'm a group where some are drinking beer.

2coastcamper

I really enjoy beer. Not the yellow fizzy stuff, but small-batch brew IPA, usually. I think enjoying a beer (I will usually get a 22oz bottle) of the highest quality such that its organic ingredients bring you closer to nature can enhance your outdoor experience.

So, yes, I do drink when I camp. If you want to try my method, might I suggest a Moylan's Hopsickle Imperial IPA. It's made at a small brew pub in northern California, but they distribute nationwide. If you really look hard enough, you should be able to find a place that sells them tucked in and around this great country.

climber4life

I drink when I am camping with adults. When kids are with us when we camp, we don't drink. I don't drink a lot, but a beer or two isn't a problem for me.

Mr.Hiker

I also drink beer when I camp even when there are kids around. I just make sure that they are asleep before I drink one. The beer relaxes me after a whole day of tiring activities.

Pebbles

My husband will enjoy a couple of beers at the end of the day when we go out camping. I generally don't drink that much, so I really don't feel I'm missing anything.

Lightfoot

I will have a few when I'm out camping, but never enough to get out of hand. Just enough to relax and enjoy the great outdoors.

Morgan

I only take one can of beer and that's enough. I really don't want to get drunk in the wild. This reminds me of some of the movies with people being drunk while camping and when morning comes they are naked sleeping on the ground.

aisha

what is better than a glass of wine out in the wilderness? .. I don't anywhere without my alcohol! :)

Bradsalex

I gave all that up a few years back, a Mt. Dew hits the spot now.
That's what I'm talking about, The Elixir Of Life is all we need as a society. Well no, not really, but yes I'm in the same boat, I don't really drink anymore. I've realized that you don't have to be drunk to laugh at all of the drunks. Family and friends are all the entertainment I need.

OutNAbout

Nope! I used to backpack and camp a lot in Port Angeles, Washiington. You get a little tipsy there you might just take an unexpected dive and no one will ever find you! Besides, we pack in, that stuff is too heavy to lug around. We might keep a few in the trunk for when we get back, but all in all, not the place, and not the time.

failghe

Yes I do enjoy a nice cold beer after work or while working around the house, so why not at camp? If you drink in moderation and don't act stupid I usually don't see a problem.
As s madder of phact i amm dranking one nouw. :alcoholic: LOL

Baleigh

I don't drink when I go camping. There's too much stuff out there to see without blurring my vision with alcohol. A couple of drinks and I couldn't enjoy anything. I love stargazing, going fishing, even just sitting quietly and thinking about absolutely nothing. I'll leave the alcohol for nights out in the city.

HikerChick

If we're just camping, and not doing much hiking or going out on a boat, then yeah, we tend to drink as the sun sets and tell stories before going to bed. As long as everyone stays close and doesn't overdo it, I don't see the harm.

southerngal

We do have some drinks when we go camping sometimes beer sometimes a few mixed drinks. It's like a mini vacation so relax and have fun!

HappyFeet

Or the Boogieman comes and gets them!!!!
I'll give the Boogieman my beer if that is what it likes. :)

I don't drink when I'm camping out. I normally drink only when I need to get a sound sleep. I don't need when I'm out in the woods I'm tired enough to get a very sound sleep.

If my companion gives me one then I guess I will drink it for the sake of not offending my friend.

Bumpkin

Heck, yea :) I love sitting around the campfire at night, listening to music and unwinding with a glass of wine or a beer (depending on my mood). I've even been known to drag the blender along to campsites that have full hook up. Pina coladas after a hot day on the lake...yummy :D