Do you have...

BCBabe

Does anyone have a "special" spot they camp, that one no one else seems to know about or is known to very few?

My favorite is a lakeside knoll that requires some canoeing to get to, up a logging road in the middle of no-where.

Refrigerator

BCBabe I have several way off the beaten path and to show you one ....you and I would have to meet on a backpacking trip in WV, VA, TN, NC, KY, PA, AK, CO, WY, MO......those states I have found what you are calling special spots......Now British Columbia is a place I have no such spots but would like to generate one.

Yogi

Those are my sentiments exactly. If I was to tell you about my secret spots then they wouldn't be "secret" spots anymore, now would they?! (I have several and am working on more....)

BCBabe

Hehehe... you guys make me chuckle... I asked if you had such a place, not to blab it to all the rest of us... of course you won't share, like you've all said, or it wouldn't be so "special" anymore.

Hey Refridgerator: I can easily direct you to wilds in southern BC that are isolated and feral to the -nth. The Provincial Gov't had the West Coast Trail "re-done" several years ago, and now it's a reservation-only yuppie trek and not the bivouac of old. I don't care for such "modernization".

ChadTower

I found one on a canoe run into a swamp here or at least I thought I did. Found it, thought about a camping trip there, went back a second time and it was covered in trash and beer cans. :(

Hayley

Absolutely! Of course, we'd never tell where those favorite spots are, and yes, we have a few, depending upon our mood. Secrecy is key in keeping those places special.

Refrigerator

Hehehe... you guys make me chuckle... I asked if you had such a place, not to blab it to all the rest of us... of course you won't share, like you've all said, or it wouldn't be so "special" anymore.

Hey Refridgerator: I can easily direct you to wilds in southern BC that are isolated and feral to the -nth. The Provincial Gov't had the West Coast Trail "re-done" several years ago, and now it's a reservation-only yuppie trek and not the bivouac of old. I don't care for such "modernization".
I have always wanted to Backpack that area. I have looked at that trail.
is the nearest town Port Renfrew, Bamfield, BC ?

I have these 2 books
Two Guidebooks to the trail are West Coast Trail and the Nitinat Lakes and Blisters and Bliss: A Trekker's Guide to the West Coast Trail

Pacific Rim National Park http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/bc/pacificrim/index.aspx

le Metis

Yes...the Yukon, British Columbia, Arizona, West Va. Virginia, North Carolina, New Mexico, Mexico, Mississippi, Guatemala, Panama, New Jersey, California, Idaho, Oregon, Utah, Nevada, Siapan, and a few others....

BCBabe

@ refrigerator: that'd be the one.

The ferry from Seattle to Victoria is CHEAPER than the one from Vancouver to Victoria, if my memory serves me correctly.

You're more the type to tackle the Mackenzie Trail : it's a 3 week trek through some of the wilds of the middle of the province, and you need to arrange an air-drop for supplies part-way through. My hubby made that effort back in the 80's, and the slide show from that trip is still toured with on speaking lectures.