Do you take the kids or go solo?

BigBear

I love going on trail walks and hikes, but I usually go alone and enjoy my quiet time. Lately, though, the kids have been wanting to go along. Do you all hit the trails solo or do you bring the kids along?

lovetohunt

Both! My kids love to hike too but they don't always want to go when I'm going, or they are busy. I love having them with me, it gives us all exercise that we need.

Lookaround

There is no kid yet so I am still able to enjoy the quiet of trekking alone or with my girlfriend. Of course I also regularly go trekking in a group with some friends or co-workers.

Luvoutdoors

Usually it just depends on how long we are planning to be out. Our little one is not up for a full day of trekking yet so if we are just going for a couple of hours we take her but longer than that and she stays with Grandma.

Bruen

I actually do both. Hiking with the kids takes a different mindset and is very slow paced. I learned the hard way that with the little ones in tow, short trips are best.

Bradsalex

My two boys (5 and 2) love to go hiking, we do it as a family event. Yes sometimes I would like to go out alone or with a friend so I can do more than 5 miles but it's nice to do it as a family with our other friends and their families also. My youngest boy gets carried and my oldest can do five miles without hardly a whimper or whine, it's great.