Drug store wrap

hippieP

I have heard about this a few times on other sites, mostly bloggers who talk about camping but I do not understand it. What is drug store wrap and how is it used when cooking?

Grandpa

You sure got me on that one hippie. I, for one, would appreciate your research findings for this one. The only drug store wrap my simple mind can imagine would be better served with a ziplock bag and save the wrap for a later and better use.

Lamebeaver

I thought this was going to be about one those "as seen on TV" snuggie blanket things you're supposed to wear around the house.

Judy Ann

I have heard about this a few times on other sites, mostly bloggers who talk about camping but I do not understand it. What is drug store wrap and how is it used when cooking?
I had to google this and they are referring to aluminum foil cooking. I'm not sure why it is called drug store wrap.

calanta

I think its just another word for aluminum foil if I am not mistaken, possibily like backwords lingo. I really do not see how it would be called "drug store wrap", now "wrap" alone I could maybe understand. Who gets their aluminum foil at CVS or Walgreens?

dinosaur

troublemaker
I think I know this one. I went to the local CVS recently and there were four teenagers standing out front. Three of them were making weird rythmic noises with their mouths and the fourth one was talking in rhymes. - DRUG STORE RAP.

southerngal

I must admit I started reading this thread thinking what is that, but Grandpa answered it perfectly LOL. If all they mean is foil cooking there are quite a few recipes on here for foil pack cooking. :)

limbs

All I know is that the aluminum foil they sell at the drug store, their brand, is rather flimsy. I think the drug store people thought up the name as some kind of marketing ploy and thought that it might catch on.