Duct Tape

rayne

There are many uses for duct tape, especially here in the South. We have a saying, if you can't fix it with duct tape, it can't be fixed. How have you used duct tape in the past?

oldsarge

Hung a poster with it once when I was 17....it's still hanging there!

DMan

If you've ever watched the Canadian comedy "The Red Green Show", you'll discover ways to use duct tape that you've never heard of. It is hilarious.

Greatoutdoors

Have you heard about the latest duct tape craze? Apparently, duct tape now comes in designs and colors like fabric, and people are making wallets out of them. I had never heard of this until the other day, but now I have seen several tutorials for it on Pinterest.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Have you heard about the latest duct tape craze? Apparently, duct tape now comes in designs and colors like fabric, and people are making wallets out of them. I had never heard of this until the other day, but now I have seen several tutorials for it on Pinterest.
Thats been going on for a few years. Its expensive as heck. Ive seen about twenty different styles and colors, patterns, etc. But it costs twice as much per foot as the regular tape.
Seems to me the craze is mainly for teens and young "adults" with too much money to throw away on BS stuff (like rims and undercar lights?). I couldnt imagine needing duct tape with flowers or cow spots on it. Maybe camouflage if you hunt, but that's about it.

joegres

I have used it to fix all sorts of things :) Last year I fixed my fan which decided to detach itself from the stand it came with and break off, I wrapped the fan up with the stand with a thick layer of duct tape, holds up nicely :D

ChadTower

Yeah, that's what a boy wants, a prom date with her dress duct taped to her.

What brilliant and innovative father came up with that idea?

dinosaur

troublemaker
Use a little olive oil. It'll come off. Greases her up nice too. At least that's what I heard.

BGreen

I just saw a television commercial where someone was describing his first family car. He had used duct tape to tape the car handles back on and the mirror back on after they both fell off. He said he loved his old car. I'm trying to remember mine, but I know I didn't use duct tape on anything but the car seats to hold the stuffing in.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Yeah, that's what a boy wants, a prom date with her dress duct taped to her.

What brilliant and innovative father came up with that idea?
I'm sure the dress is made in two layers... One underneath with the sticky side out. One on top with the sticky side in. Having all that tape stuck to you would suck. What if you had to pee or something?

oldsarge

Theosus;58490. What if you had to pee or something?[/QUOTE said:
Duct tape is pretty water proof and holds up well to those little wet mishaps.