Durable Tubes

WaterBaby

So my friends and I have decided that we should market ourselves as quality control testers for tubes that you tow behind the boat for riding - because every single tube we've used, we've popped. Admittedly, we ride them pretty hard, but that's just the boys' preference. If we could find a tube that could withstand our style of tubing, we'd become unpaid advertisers for them!

Anyone have any ideas as to where I can find such a tube?

Taggart

I'm just curious - Do you use the ones that are designed for that kind of use, or actual inner tubes for tires of large vehicles?

I've never used a tube like that. You can also ride them down a snowy slope, so I guess they're a pretty good investment for leisure.

campernewbie

It is not just a boys' preference you know, but yes I get the idea too. We had many break in the years with my folks growing up and even as an adult its hard to find a good one that can last a day let alone an entire weekend.

WaterBaby

Taggart - no, we definitely use the tubes designed for this kind of thing, lol. Although, they were quite probably designed for much slower speeds. :D

Campernewbie - I know it's not just their preference, I meant that it was the preference of the boys in my group in particular. :) It is getting pretty sad having to buy a new tube every time we want to go out.