Early spring flowers

limbs

I wasn't quite ready for this early and extra warm spring. Wild flowers have already started to grow. I love to trek to see flowers, especially rare ones. Will they die sooner since they started growing sooner?

Greatoutdoors

Maybe they won't die sooner than they normally would. I guess it just depends on the weather that follows their early bloom. :) I am hoping we get to go out for a hike next weekend.

Newanderthal

It depends. If this summer is anything like last summer, they'll wilt and catch fire soon. It was 88 in Ohio the other day. Felt more like early June than early March.

limbs

It looks like there is a freeze warning... I guess that means everything will die anyway. Do you think there is a possibility of a second wave of spring flowers due to the freeze?

Dude

I hope it doesn't mean that they won't last as long as usual! I think we should be fine, as long as people don't start any fires... :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

As long as it rains and remains nice I think we'll be okay!

danny28

We have flowers too! The magnolia and dogwood trees are already in bloom. It's been in the 70s and 80s for 3 weeks now. Tomorrow and Tuesday it is only supposed to be 40! I am sure the hyacinths and tulips will not survive!

limbs

I decided to go hiking before the freeze. When I was out this weekend I saw combinations of wildflowers blooming that I have NEVER seen before. The weather is sure messing stuff up!

Quinn

I haven't had time to get out. We haven't had the great weather you guys have been having. We have lots of floods and storms here, so I think our spring flowers have not even sprung yet.

DMan

With the unusually warm weather we've had for the past couple of weeks everything has really started to grow. I haven't had a chance to get out in the woods for a walk yet but the trees are way ahead and everything is getting green.

MissyKitty

I love this time of the year, natures starting to wake up! I toke a walk yesterday and i saw some small flowers already. They were mostly coming up near the forests edge on a small hill. The other place i found them was near a small river.