Ears ringing

JeepThrills

I have woke up the last two mornings with my ears ringing. Does anyone else have to deal with this? I suspect it is my blood pressure.

Pathfinder1

Hi...

I've had tinitus for many decades...from working around loud noises without proper ear protection.

Don't know if these conditions match yours...but a trip to your otolaryngologist should be able to tell you the whole story.

Grandpa

Yeah, what pathfinder1 said. :tinysmile_hmm_t: Go see an otola...... go see an ear guy:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

oldsarge

Yes, it's called Tinnitus. As Pathfinder1 stated, it's cause by working around loud noises. I've had it for years and it does get worse. It is incurable also.

CozInCowtown

Most pharmacies have a free blood pressure machine.
When in doubt stop by the fire department and they will also check it for free.
The best idea IMO is go ahead and run up to the clinic and have them check it out.
DO NOT TAKE A CHANCE WITH THIS!!! TREAT IT NOW!!!

cabinfever

It it is blood pressure, you'll usually hear a rhythm - like a swish, swish, swish or a thump, thump, thump. This isn't necessarily a sign of high blood pressure, though, as many people experience it.

Grandpa

Yes, it is not always hi blood pressure. I have it from sitting on those diesel tractors before good cabs were available and I'm a 110/77 normally.

Theo

eyebp's mentor
Yes, it's called Tinnitus. As Pathfinder1 stated, it's cause by working around loud noises. I've had it for years and it does get worse. It is incurable also.
It is not necessarily caused by loud noises. There are some medical conditions that can cause it. Me. I've had it all my life. I'm blessed with "good" genes.

ponderosa

I've had loud high-pitched ringing in both ears, nonstop, since I had a lovely case of influenza the beginning of January. I really, really love QUIET, so it's driving me a little crazy. From what I've read, there's little chance of it going away. Most websites suggest masking the ringing by adding other "white" noise. That is NOT helpful at all to me...white noise of any kind also drives me crazy. Did I mention I like QUIET? Sigh. I know, there are worse problems, but nevertheless...

Hikenhunter

I've had loud high-pitched ringing in both ears, nonstop, since I had a lovely case of influenza the beginning of January. I really, really love QUIET, so it's driving me a little crazy. From what I've read, there's little chance of it going away. Most websites suggest masking the ringing by adding other "white" noise. That is NOT helpful at all to me...white noise of any kind also drives me crazy. Did I mention I like QUIET? Sigh. I know, there are worse problems, but nevertheless...
All white noise? How about the sound of water trickling? I like quiet too but I have several aquariums in our house and when it is quiet I still hear the water trickling out of the filters. To me this is quiet and soothing to my mind. It also keeps me from noticeing that damn tinitus that is in my ears all the time.:tinysmile_grin_t:

JeepThrills

Well, I still have it today. It isn't high-pitched though. I use to fly single-engine airplanes --- I hope that is not catching up with me. I suspect now that it may be an inner ear thing. If it doesn't clear up over the weekend, I'll look for an octa....ear guy.

oldsarge

I found a cure! Several Corona's, a good cigar and crank up the tunes!!!!

Cause right now I'm not hearing any noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theo

eyebp's mentor
Since I've had tinnitus all my life, I have to stop and think about it in order to notice it. What really drives me nuts is when it stops for a while (a very rare occurrence).

Scotty

I have it from arthritis medication. It can be annoying but eventually it gets to be unnoticeable. A trip to the doctor is warranted. If your insurance won't cover a trip to the ear doctor, try the primary care doc.