East coast fishing spots

oldmangunner

What part of the East Coast has the best saltwater fishing sports. Either on land or from a boat off shore? Or does it not matter where on the coast you go for a seawater fishing trip.

carmen

Outer Banks is the biggest place I always tend to hear about. A friend lives within an hour of the place and she is always complaining than her husband spends more time fishing there than home with her.

Flukeball61

I love saltwater fishing Stellwagon & Georges bank off of Massachusetts, it has the best fishing from spring (April) to fall (November). You got cod,pollock, & hadock all year, all kinds of fish in the summer from fluke, sea bass, stripe bass, bluefish,Tuna (yellow & blue fin) and then you have the sharks. Love fishing on a small 24ft. charter boat called Blackrose for cheap money about $1,000 for 4 to 5 people or a mixed charter for $250 per person and he loves lite tackle fishing. I love cod & haddock and aboard the Blackrose I have never gone home with less than 30lbs. of fillets per person with 4 guys fishing.