Eating Bugs

Traveler

Surviving in the wilderness is not easy. The show of Bear Grills often presents him eating bugs. It looks really awful and I guess it tastes awful as well.

If you are in this situation, are you willing to eat bugs just to survive? Do you have the guts to eat them?

I know I can't but I'm not really sure what I will do.

amanda

I think if I got hungry enough, I would be able to suck it up and eat them. But, at least right now, from the comfort of my home, eating bugs just does not seem possible at all! Gross.

Camoguy

It would be hard to do because of the way Americans are conditioned. There are a lot of other cultures that eat insects and find them to be a great source of protein. If I had to, I would but I'm sure I would have a hard time getting them down.

campclose

I know if I had to eat bugs to stay alive, then I would eat bugs. I love the shows (reality) where the contestants have to eat gross things in order to win the challenges. I'm sure I could eat bugs if I was stuck in the wilderness.

Topaz

If that's what it takes to survive, I would be willing. Also depends on the type of bug too!

Newanderthal

I spent a week in the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina and ate a lot of weeds and bugs. Crickets don't have much of a flavor. Grubs are kind of nasty, but the taste goes away quick. Grasshoppers are a bit on the bitter side, but not bad.

Seriously, go to a pet store, buy some crickets, and eat one when you get home. Just pop it in, chew, and swallow.