Energy bars

Luvoutdoors

Do you guys have a favorite brand of energy bars? I am lloking for something that does give you energy but that tastes good. A lot of them seem to be kind of dry and not very tasty.

hummingbird

Any of the Nature Valley granola bars I love! They are based on oats and they give you a sustained energy. As far as protein bars, right with you there. They are all pretty much dry and either taste like a rubber tire smells or taste like something I don't want to eat.

jason

fear no beer
I had a really good brand, but cannot find it. I forget who gave it to me, but was more of a snack bar then energy bar.

Stoker

Nature Valley has been my favorite for as long as I can remember. You can taste that there's no chemicals in them, but they don't taste bad either

northernbushape

The Jeepist
I also prefer good old fashioned granola bars. I also take nuts with me for the protein and fat content. I shy away from chemical substitutes like energy drinks and such, although occasionally I will take a blue gatoraide when I am craving one. I don;t like the crash afterward though.

Michael

I'm also a fan of Cliff Bars.

There are a bunch of different flavours. While I'm not a huge fan of all of them, I haven't found one yet that I dislike. The carrot cake one is surprisingly good.

They are also quite filling. If I'm in a rush, sometimes I have one instead of lunch. They keep me satisfied for hours.

steves

I gave up on the overpriced bars.I make my own trail mix with everything from candy to cut up beef jerky. No 2 batches have ever been the same and it's all stuff I like for ingredients. mix it all up in a huge ziplock then fill smaller snack sizes and stuff your pockets.

CatsEye

I like the Nature Valley stuff-Oatmeal Raisin is my favorite. There is another brand that I know when I see it but I can never remember the name of. As far as protein bars, I've never found any I like. I do a trail mix with everything but the kitchen sink in it too. It cleans out my cupboards and nothing goes stale that way.

nomad

I prefer eating fruits for energy than energy bars. I love to munch apples when I'm hiking. Funny thing is my snack when I'm at home is the Nature Valley mixed berry.

jake_6_6

CLIF BARS!! They are SUPER high in carbs and calories (good for situations where you will be exerting a lot of energy), VERY filling as they contain lots of whole grains and fiber, and they are tasty. I never go on a hiking, backpacking, kayaking, fishing, or hunting trip without them.

Refrigerator

Be sure and drink plenty of water when eating those energy bars. I have seen all too often on my trips where people eat several at a time and have trouble with energy later because of dehydration. Drinking water is equally important in having energy so intergrate them into your meal as one...

CatsEye

My wife and I went to the store today and I looked up the name of the other energy bar I like. It's Kashi. There are a lot of different flavors but I like about all of them. I'm not a big chocolate chip person but I love the ones with all the fruits and nuts-just like my extended family!:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

donbar

I've made my own granola bars, got the recipe from the internet. Anything called an "energy bar" is actually a misnomer, since 'all' food is energy. I've tried Cliff bars--nasty!!, Powerbars--extremely hard to chew, Nature Valley granola bars--very small, PowerBar Protein Bars--pretty good, Tiger's Milk--good but small, Special K bars--taste good but not filling, Luna bars--nasty!!, Nitro-Tech bars--makes me really thirsty.

snack-girl.com/snack/protein-bar-recipe-pumpkin/