Eureka copper canyon 6

Dannytoo

This being my first post I will start by saying hey.
Now my question for you learned people. I have been looking for a new tent for car camping and have found and read several reviews on the Copper Canyon 6 all have been good 4+ on all reviews.
Although I am married and have been for 45 years I do most of my camping by myself except maybe a grand child or two from time to time. Do any of you have the copper canyon and what is your opinion? I now have a Slumberjack 4 that is a bit small, also I am 6 foot and it is only 54 inches tall, I would like something to stand up in.

Judy Ann

Welcome to OBC Dannytoo!

I took a peek at that tents specs and loved the square footage, height, and weight, but I personally have been a little hesitant about tents with fiberglass poles because of breakage. What type of camping do you do? If you camp in areas where strong wind gusts occur (think tropical storm type winds) you might want to consider a tent with poles that can be repaired. That being said, I have watched the same brand being pitched and it took two people to get the fly up, over, and attached in fair weather. In another state park folks strung a tarp over the tent to protect it from rain. Just a couple of observations to think about.

Dannytoo

Hi Judy Ann, thanks for your reply. I mainly do car camping, close to hiking trails, I enjoy day hikes and taking pictures. My camping is mostly in Texas, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Judy Ann

Maybe you have some microbursts that can twist a tree upon itself there? I always hope that my tents can survive any storm when properly staked out especially when my family is inside. Heck, me and my pup are pretty important too. This weekend I am taking my backpacking tent to the beach with pending storms just to make sure that a small flimsy tent supported by hiking poles can stand a coastal storm.

It is so much fun to have a tent that you can stand up in. Good luck with your search! You might want to formally introduce yourself here. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Dannytoo

Sorry about not getting back to you last night, I went to bed early it was a long day.
I went a head and ordered the Eureka Copper Canyon 6 it had everything I was looking for plus a lot of good reviews. I want to get it in and set it up a couple of times in the back yard, I have a trip planned for March to Palo Duro canyon. I have been there several times but never hiked the light house trail.