Ever gotten hurt?

woodsman

When in the outdoors exploring, it's really impossible to not get at least a scratch, but have you ever gotten seriously hurt? I myself cracked a few ribs one time when I accidentally went barrel rolling down a hill without the barrel.

Michael

Thankfully, the worst I've had is bruises and cuts that were fine without stitches. I've twisted an ankle here and there as well.

I fell in a frozen river that time. I know it's not an injury, but it was potentially life threatening so I mention it.

But no major injuries so far. *knocks on wood*

Chippin

I've had mostly bruises and cuts, but I still remember one time where I could have drowned because this big sucker of a fish was dragging me into the water. It was just a carp, but when you're 5 years old and still learning how to fish, well...anyway, I didn't let go and was chest deep in the water before my dad saw what was happening and rushed in after me. That was just a little bit traumatic, especially since I didn't know how to swim yet. It could have been much worse.

BCBabe

Does finding yourself with the thorn of a dog-rose stuck in the iris of your eye count?

I got trapped under a dock as a teenager and almost drowned. I've frost-nipped my toes so badly I had to sit my feet in ice buckets full of cold water and cubes to 'thaw' them with (ouch ouch ouch).

I don't camp without a tube of crazy glue on hand anymore either: one nasty knife cut that should have been stitched was glued together and the trip continued.

Gondor

Than you didn't go barrel rolling but just rolling. :) I'm pretty well trained and used to the trail so I only got a few serious bruises. I hope it stays that way.

JDSport

When I was younger I broke my ankle on a trail. My dad had to carry me back to the campsite to get the car and then went to the hospital. That put a quick end to our trip!

striker

Broke my wrist when I slipped and put my hand in front of me like a two year old would do, but on the upside I learned to never do that again so it was a win, win situation.

BCBabe

I lost my footing portaging kayaks, and went down with a 200 lb kayak still in my hands. I came down sort of flat, on my arse, with the kayak atop of me.

I didn't just hurt my back, it was a rocky seashore - my right butt cheek was the most peculiar hue of purple I've ever seen. I didn't do a lot of paddling on that trip, after all.