Ever gotten injured on a hike?

Pebbles

I guess I've been lucky so far, I have never really gotten injured on a hike outside of maybe a scratch here or there (mainly from not paying enough attention).

Has anyone here ever really hurt themselves on a hike? What happened? Were you alone? Were you able to make it through the hike or did you have to call for help?

Lovefall

Not anything major for me either. I've had bumps and bruises and I've fallen down but nothing that I didn't walk away from. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t I'm a klutz too so I'm lucky!
I can't wait to read about other people's mishaps!

looey

Nothing that would require a large doctor bill after, but I am still slightly accident prone even being an adult not (never grew out of it). I think most of my big injuries were at home rather than out in the wild though, I guess I have bad luck. :D

Lightfoot

I've never gotten heard myself, but a buddy of mine broke their ankle while we were on a hike. I had supplies to stabilize it, but that was a long hike back!

Shanna

I'm a klutz too but I've managed to get through many hikes with just minor things such as scrapes, bruises and bee/wasp stings. I'm amazed that I haven't had something major happen. I have a balance problem sometimes and it really makes me have some major falls sometimes.

Wild Bill

There was a time I had to help someone else out. They had fallen and dislocated their shoulder. Luckily I came along and helped him and his friend carry him back to their car.

It was a pretty well traveled trail, so if I wasn't there someone else would have seen them, but still I was glad I could help.

Christie

The worst I've gotten was a slightly sprained ankle. It was wet and I hit a slick spot and managed to turn it just enough. I was able to hobble back to the car where I had an ace bandage in my first aid kit, iced it when I get home, and was pretty ok by the next day.

Ruffles

Ok you can't laugh about this too hard. One time me and a friend skipped church to go swimming off this bluff. I was taking my heels off so we could climb the rocks to get over to the side where we wanted to swim. I stepped in a huge pile of bird poo and slipped. I tumbled down several rocks but how it happened was so hilarious even though it hurt pretty bad. We had a time explaining that one!

claire

I've never been seriously injured on a hike before, but my sister did reactivate an old injury. We were hiking in VA on a trail and she slipped. It was an intense trail though-- 3 hours, not something that was an hour or leisurely stroll.