Exotic Animals Loose In Ohio

AlphaMale

Did you guys hear the story of the man who had an exotic animal farm. It seems he let them all loose and even snipped the wire of the pens so no one could put them back in their pens and then committed suicide. The local law enforcement either killed or captured the majority and even cancelled school because there were still some loose. Sad.

Grandpa

Got a kick out of the cop that shot some of the animals. "We can't have these dangerous animals in our county". Makes me wonder if he is one that wants dangerous animals in my county.

Judy Ann

Sad story. I'd be a tad uncomfortable with lions and tigers in my area, but I'm not a fan of keeping wild animals in captivity unless injured and placed in appropriate open lands where they can be protected. Too many lives taken that day.

huntergal

Unfortunately it goes beyond just lions and tigers. Look at what it happening in Florida with the Anaconda. They are taking over the land and wreaking havoc with the environment. It is never good when a species is introduced to an area where it is not supposed to be there. Sad story.

dinosaur

troublemaker
I know a lot of people are crying about it. But the alternative to killing these beasts is much worse. Also understand that this situation is the result of a suicidal maniac's last act of defiance.

T

tentrus

It is very sad! Sad that this idiot of a man had so many exotic animals on a farm and that he let them loose. What the heck was he thinking? Oh wait - he killed himself. They really had no other option although it was mighty sad!

Lovefall

The pictures of the dead animals in a pile really makes me want to puke! I know there wasn't anything else that could have been done - I mean they were a huge danger to the people.

Shannon

I think it was sad that they just killed these animals...there was NO alternative so they shot 20 rare and endangered tigers? If they had just captured them I am sure a zoo or conservation program would have been happy to have them.

Last edited:

carmen

They put down all but like six or eight and while its sad, I do understand the issue they were facing. Shannon, they were facing almost 50 wild animals and had 4 trang guns. Do you honestly think anyone is that fast to reload a dozen times with that many animals loose?

EddieK47

Old Yankee
Non native animals,reptiles or fish should not be brought to this country for any reason.I agree Huntergal.Florida is just one example.

Shannon

I understand that it was their duty to protect the public and all I just think it was sad, and such a waste. You wouldn't think we would have to have laws to tell people not to keep wild animals has pets, but obviously there are plenty of total morons out there who need to be told.