Extreme camping.

Christie

As Winter sets in here where I live, I was just wondering, what's the coldest temperatures you have endured while camping? What type of special gear did you use? Personally, I think my family has decided we are warm weather campers.:tinysmile_twink_t:

scarynickname

I went backpacking in Virginia a few years ago. I set out on a Friday in a teeshirt and shorts. It was a lot colder Saturday! I woke up Sunday morning and my tent had collapsed under the snow and I barely made it back to the truck! It's a good thing I had enough warm clothes. Getting the truck out of the mountains was an adventure in itself.

Foxyloxy

I love the winter months and the outdoor activities that go along with the cold weather, but I do not see a reason to sleep outside in below freezing temperatures. I'll go hang out outside all day, but then give me a warm fireplace to defrost in front of :)

Pebbles

I love the winter months and the outdoor activities that go along with the cold weather, but I do not see a reason to sleep outside in below freezing temperatures. I'll go hang out outside all day, but then give me a warm fireplace to defrost in front of :)
I couldn't agree with you more. Actually, one of my favorite parts of playing outside in the cold, is looking forward to a nice warm fire and maybe some hot cocoa to cap off the day.