Fall in Panthertown, NC

MountainHomeCamper

Great trip report and wonderful photos. I may be up that way this weekend - so glad you posted the fall leaf updates - was wondering if we'd catch it at the right time so looks like we'll be in luck.

Cappy

wonderful post,nice pictures, Thanks ever so much for sharing. Just my luck, the whole time I was home it was scorching hot and humid. This morning is a beautiful clear day temp 78 and I am stuck at work. Wishing I was camping somewheres.

Scotty

Beautiful place. As far as hiking barefoot, I'm not sure I would try it but YMMV. I don't think I've been barefoot anywhere except the house in years. I am going to have to go out in the yard and walk around now that you have me thinking about it. Hopefully you will have many more hikes as successful as this one.

Theosus

Backpacking Noob
Beautiful place. As far as hiking barefoot, I'm not sure I would try it but YMMV. I don't think I've been barefoot anywhere except the house in years. I am going to have to go out in the yard and walk around now that you have me thinking about it. Hopefully you will have many more hikes as successful as this one.
It has it's advantages. Stream crossings become no big deal. No blisters, either. It's problems are roots, rocks, etc. the guy leading the hike (Mark) barefoot hikes a Lot, and told us where the good spots and bad spots were. I only did about 25% of the hike bare. The whole half mile into Greenland creek falls is awful for shoes. Mud holes, creek crossings, slimy ooze... It's either ruin your shoes and soak your socks, or just take them off.

hummingbird

Those are sure some beautiful pictures. The views are spectacular! That looks like such a beautiful trip! Looks like a good time was had by all which means a lot.