Farthest you have gone?

CBatch

What is the farthest you have traveled to go camping? Did you pull a camper or take a tent? We thought about going to the Grand Canyon next year and thought it might be neat to take tents and camp. We live on the East Coast. Anyone do anything like this?

jdoc260

Furthest I have ever traveled to tent camp was Colorado Springs, CO. I live just south of Atlanta. We spent 12 days there. First day was rough, LOTS of rain. Not fun setting up in a downpour. I spend most of my time camping in the foothills of the Appalachia in north Georgia though. As of now, I can only manage long weekend trips with my wife (she's a city girl). But we go with three little ones, from 6 months to 5 years old

OpenFire

I have been to Arizona and I live on the east coast near NY. It was quite a trek and our son got quite ill half way through so we had to head home; However, we didn't get the rain which I was thankful for!

oldmangunner

I went from the east cost out to Idlywild, CA one year. It was one of the best and most interesting trips I have ever taken. It taught me a lot about packing and organization.

HikingGuy

We drove from the East Coast to Ontario to go camping last year, it was a family reunion but it was camping style, I'd have to say that is the farthest I have gone to go camping.

Noah

I usually drive about 4-6 hours to go camping. It is close enough if we need to come home, but far enough away that it feels like a vacation.