Favorite things about camping?

Christie

Well, taking a different approach from campclose's topic, what are your favorite things about camping. Let's face it, going camping can be a bunch of work. What keeps you going back? Is it just the love of being out in nature? Is it cooking over an open fire? Being totally away from the stresses of everyday life?

For me, while getting away from everything is great, I just love to sleep outside. I sleep better and more sound. I don't know if it's the fresh air, but I always feel great in the morning.

HillbillyMama

We cook over an open fire at our house a lot so it certainly isn't that. I think it is the total enjoyment of being away from all the technology that has changed our way of living so much. Nature is a neutral setting.

Pebbles

The first thing that I ever notice when I went camping the first time were the stars. I grew up and still live in a big city, so to get away from the lights and look up into the sky and just be in awe of what surrounds us, takes my breath away every time.

mommyof2boys

Where to begin? The campfire, the smell of early morning air in the forest, birds singing when you doze in the camp chair, getting away from TV, radio, and phone, the total relaxation that comes from your only worries being when to put the next log on the fire...I could keep going on and on.

calanta

I am an organization freak so when it comes to actually packing up the stuff that I enjoy, now carrying it all around, that is for the men folk. :)

peanut

I like leaving everything behind and being somewhere new. When I am in the woods I sometimes feel like I am the only one left on Earth. It's a very surreal experience.

butterflies

I really love camping and have gone since I was a little girl. I just love being outside in the fresh air, and the smell of a campfire is just great. I always loved to roast mrshmallows over the open fire, put them on a stick, roast them, and eat them ummmm. Love when they get so gooey! That's what keeps me going back.

smellslikedirt

I love nature so for me to get away from my very stressful every day life is a big treat. I do love cooking over an open fire too, somehow the food when I go camping tastes so good to me!

FernGully

When I go camping I can leave what I'm supposed to be behind and be who I am. We operate under so many different umbrellas: mom, wife, teacher. When I go camping I am me. I listen to birds, insects, smell the soil, leaves, watch the sky change into it's night clothes and back into it's day clothes. Wouldn't miss it.

failghe

I love to watch nature. How the birds fly, how the armadillos walk, how the alligators sun themselves so still, how the flowers bloom so beautiful, the sites, the sounds. How can life be so imperfect and perfect at the same time.

wildberry

I love to just get away. I love to just sit and watch the world around me. Nature is so wonderful and beautiful. The sights, sounds, smells, the way it feels when you are outside... All of it.

Sometimes the nighttime is so loud, I can't sleep and I have to lay there and listen to all the noise. It is amazing at how much goes on around us at night and we never get to notice.

BigBear

I love being away from the daily grind. Getting away from work and the house and all the day to day stress, makes all the work of camping worth it.