Favorite time of the year

Reese

When is your favorite time of the year to go camping? I prefer fall so that it is cool (but not too cold) and we can cuddle up around the fire.

2coastcamper

I prefer late summer. When the heat is starting to die down a little bit, but the days are still very long. The night's are warm and sultry, and all the water is at its best for swimming and what not.

popupgirl

I prefer late Spring because after a long winter I'm ready to get outside again and camp! I've yet to camp in the winter but I want to. I'm thinking of a warm cabin.

Pebbles

Personally, I like early summer to mid summer, before it's gets really hot and sticky. The kids however like the hot, mid to end of summer, because that's best for the water activities.

Outdooruser

I enjoy going camping in July. The days are nice and long and the nights are not to cold. We usually camp by the water so it doesn't feel to hot, even if it is.

woodzman

That's a tough question. I love to camp anytime I can, but if I had to choose one season I'd say fall, when I can combine camping and hunting.

Reese

I have to agree about the water activities. I'm always game for them too. Fall is still my favorite, but late summer would be a close second!

hummingbird

Anything except the dead of winter. I don't do winter very well anyway and NOT in a tent when it's freezing cold. I especially like spring and fall but probably spring is my favorite. I agree it's nice to get out again after being cooped up all winter.

Camoguy

I like all seasons each for their own reasons. I love to camp in the fall because I hunt. I can find a lot of game when everything is restless and trying to get ready for winter. Also a lot of game seasons during the fall so I can hunt.

SQuirrel

I think each season has it's own beuties. Spring is full of soft green growth and lots of water. Summer is often warm enough at night that I barely need a sleeping bag, and also the best time to cool off in water. Fall is crisp full of color and also the time to find wild Black Berries and such. Winter's soft snow will silence the woods into a still place of white beuty. If you ask me my favorite time to go to a specific spot, that I might be able to tell you.

jesse

I enjoy camping in the fall and spring, it gets too hot during the summer here!