Fell in!

Hikebike

Brrr – we went fishing at a big lake my Aunt lives on. I was casting and my daughter’s line got caught up with mine. We were trying to untangle it and splash! I fell in! Luckily it was only knee deep (somehow I got wet up to my waist). Good thing we were at my Aunt’s or I would have had to go home and change! It’s too cold to be swimming right now!

Lovefall

Oh no! That is terrible but I bet it was super funny too. I am glad that you had other clothes with you. That would have been a cold ride home or cold rest of the day!

hikingprincess

My uncle actually had to jump in once to rescue his pole after a fish tried to steal it. It was definitely cold and deeper than knee deep. I am glad you had other stuff to put on and could enjoy the rest of the day.

huntergal

That happened to me once when I was hunting! I started to cross a snow covered field and didn't realize it was swampy in the middle! I took a few steps and in I went! The water was only about 6 inches deep, but when I fell in I actually tripped and so I fell sideways. I got wet all up to my shoulders on my right side. Thankfully I was on my way back to the truck, and I didn't have far to go. It was frigid cold! :)

danny28

Oh no Hunter! That is crazy! Swamp when hunting... brrrrr. I'm glad that you hikebike had warm dry clothes there too. I've been tipped into the lake while in a canoe.

Scotty

That's the reason you always want to take back up clothing and coats. If you get caught out in the rain or if you fall in and it's really cold, you are going to regret leaving those extras at home.

scarlett

I don't even want to imagine falling into water when there is snow on the ground. That just sounds too uncomfortable and awful for words! I'm glad you were close to your truck because that could have been serious!

dinosaur

troublemaker
I went out and set out a half dozen limb lines about twenty years ago on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Went out on TG morning to check. The first five were empty. The last one had a catfish on it but he was hopelessly tangled in a downed tree branch. I took my shoes and socks off and rolled up my pant legs. I waded out into the water I judge was below 40 degrees and retrieved an eight pound blue cat. After all these years, I don't remember the cold but I still remember Thanksgiving lunch for me and my family being most satisfying.