Fifth Wheel Trailers

Zack

A month or two back, I went to the camper/motorhome show down at the local civic center. They had some fifth wheels there that were as nice as your own house. Nice living rooms, queen size bed and fully equipped kitchens. And some weren't even that expensive.

TonyC

Love to Camp in TT
Zach I know whatcha mean I went to the Seattle Rv show and wow.. I wanted to go home and sell the house then buy a bigger truck and get a fifth wheel so that home is where ever I am at.

but then I remembered I have two kids still at home and a job that pays the bills :( POOP I still have along way to go for retirement.

Camoguy

I have thought of doing that so many times! I have actually considered selling out and buying an RV and living on the lake near my home. I love it down there and it's still close enough for me to be able to see my family. Now, if I could just get the wife to agree.......

CozInCowtown

Check out the used ones.
Mine is a 1985 model we bought used for $3500. Did a little work on it and she will go another 25 years with proper care.
jmo,
DC

Tracker

Got my fifth wheel a couple years ago and I love it.Had a trailer and if I knew the difference in the towing characteristics I would of got one a long time ago.Don't get out as much as we would like to,but we really enjoy it when we do.

Smack

Yeah, I've always wanted one myself. I used to have a little class C motor home, and I wound up selling it because I never had time to go out in it. But now that I'm retired, I'd love to have one.

Grandpa

I had the bug once. Co-worker had one for sale so I bought it. Nice 30 footer, figured the old grand sierra would handle it just fine. Didn't figure grandma would empty the whole house into it. 160 miles down the road, 30 gallons of gas and that 454 was working like I was pulling a plow. Thought wow, could have stayed in a nice lodge for the price of that gas. Finally got to that secret spot by the secret lake, rest of the family followed and set up their tents. That night, storm threatened and I suddenly had about 10 grandkids that had filled up on beef and beans sharing that trailer. Did I say beans? Sold the trailer to the next co-worker. At least theres good ventilation in a tent, and for the price of gas theres always a good lodge near a nice lake for the same money.

Now I spend 30-50 nights a year in a tent and another twenty or so in motels or lodges. I just don't see where that middle ground of a trailer fits in anymore, but, each to his own.

Grizzly

Grizzled Camper
I personally like camping in RVs and Motor homes too. I now have kids and they are very prone to getting into some nasting stuff if we are in a tent. The best part about the new RV and fifth wheels is how inexpensive they are now vs three years ago.

Grizzly
Welcome to Wana Camp

Kooky

I personally call 5th wheels the "luxury camper". They are very nice yet the well built ones do tend to be a bit pricey. If you are just looking for one to camp in a few times a year for a few days or weeks here and there though there are some really nice ones out there for a nice price!

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
FIFTH WHEEL TRAILER

Now that is tempting. I have absolutely no place to put it, though, around my house. Living in MA stinks when it comes to property sizes.
DANG 3500?? Probably get them down to 3k flat, recently there was the Pendot (Pennsylvania department of transportation) selling off their fleet of diesel trucks, the 3\4ton's for 1500... so for 5k you could have yourself a damn nice camper set up :). . . .

ChadTower

Yeah, I'm sure if I showed up with 3k cash I could drive away with the thing. I don't have any place to put it and my Tacoma just isn't going to get that moved. Maybe someday once the kids are gone and I move to a place where you can buy more than a quarter acre in my income bracket.

GROUNDpounder

Rubbing stix together
Hell if you make 40K a year here in pa you can have yourself close to 20acres and a nice 2 story house :p.