Fishing Clubs?

elizabeth

Has anyone ever heard of these? I imagine they're like runner's clubs but I can't seem to find any in my area. I'd love to spend the day just fishing with a bunch of like-minded people and I think with carpooling I'd get to more interesting places too.

T

tentrus

I have never heard of them but perhaps you can check with your local Rod and Gun club. I know they do a lot of things together and it's all about hunting and fishing.

Gwen

I think it would also be a good learning experience to join such a club. You'd get to know the best places to go fishing and how to do it the right way from more experienced fellows.

Rain

If you go to meetup.com they might have something like this. They are just informal gatherings. I've never gone on a fishing outing but I've been on a few meetup.com hikes and met some new people.

elizabeth

Thanks everyone. Rain-I checked out meetup.com a few years ago and then chickened out-the first meeting was going to be in a bar and drinking with strangers just didn't seem like a good idea (I don't remember what interest it was). I'll check it out again and check with our local rod and gun club.

Bob

I traveled around a lot with my job and was transferred to a new place every 3 or 4 years. Fishing clubs were great, because I got to meet people who shared my interest and learn about the fishing in the area.

wvbreamfisherman

I've hung out at our local Trout Unlimited section on and off for quite a while. Lately it's been mostly off due to my work, but I've done a few stocking trips and fishing trips too. It's a great way tolearn about potential fishing spots as well as help restore and maintain trout populations.