Forgotten the salt

paloma

At one time, when we were going to cook some fish at camp, we realized that we had forgotten to bring salt. Did anything like this happen to you?

campclose

We have forgotten many things many times. That is why I like to camp with other families. What I forget they have, and what they forget we usually have. You could have asked other campers.

CFlyer

Yes, a couple of times we forgot the salt. This is why we smoke or grill the fish that we caught. That way we don't need to add salt for the flavor to come out.

looey

I forget tons of things all the time and I tend to have a short term memory, for me, writing things down tends to help unless I lose the list (which has happened before). I have also managed to get all the way to the camp grounds only to not either have a tent or sleeping bag.

Moose

Yeah, a lot. But then camping for me is roughing it. So it's OK if I've forgotten a thing or two. It makes me try to improvise. It's kind of hard to improvise salt though.

enzo

Yes, on our first camping trip we forgot to bring salt. It's a good thing that we have neighbors that camped near us and they brought a ration of condiments, salt included.