Found An Antique

Tubby

I didn't buy it but I was tempted. I found an old hand operated corn planter at a flea market when I went out of town this week. It was in mint condition and I probably should have bought it but I just don't have room for another antique. I'm hooked, hopelessly.

SweetSassyLady

I have a fondness for antiques too. It's refreshing for me to have "used" things around me. It's almost like I can feel the hands that cared for the item when it was in use. I also love the smells of the old wood. I have an old buffet in my kitchen that smells like spices and it's so comforting.

T

tentrus

Aww... You should have bought it. You will regret it now. I too love antiques but I stopped buying them too. I don't have the room for anymore and if I can't use it, I'm not buying it. I have not stopped buying old trunks though! :)

Grandpa

Got my grandfathers old oak ice box in the dining room. Mentioned it to someone and they offered me $1000 for it sight unseen. Screw that, how am I going to keep the milk cold if I sell it?:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Actually, it makes a good library for grandma's cookbooks and if the power ever goes out and if I ever get my icehouse built..............

Lamebeaver

I have two questions I always ask myself (or my wife) when contemplating a purchase.

1. How often will you use it?
2. Where are you going to put it?

If you can't answer #2, then the next question is "What are you going to get rid of?"

calanta

I have the same issue, neither of us like the idea of hoarding anything so if we can not use it the idea is quickly tossed out of our head. I do like the idea of antiques but I hate the thought of dusting more stuff too.

ChadTower

Got my grandfathers old oak ice box in the dining room. Mentioned it to someone and they offered me $1000 for it sight unseen. Screw that, how am I going to keep the milk cold if I sell it?:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Actually, it makes a good library for grandma's cookbooks and if the power ever goes out and if I ever get my icehouse built..............

...you can start storing the milk in your icehole?

:tinysmile_twink_t2: