Frozen door

Fletcher

We went camping during Thanksgiving and one of the nights it rained real good. When I tried to open the door the next morning, it was frozen shut!

drake

How did you guys get out? When we were trapped in the hut that we're renting during the camp, we just got out of the window. Good thing the window isn't frozen.

campclose

Wow, that is crazy! I hate not being able to get out of the camper and it's a fear I have, not being able to get out in the night to go to the bathroom. How did you get it open?

Gopher

Oh gosh! I'm claustrophobic in those things anyway. I would have freaked out! How did you get out? Did you have to boil water and pour over it or what?

Morgan

I think Fletcher is still in the camp house because he/she is not answering the questions. :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

I'm glad we never had this experience before. I will not know what to do if the door and windows will freeze.

Traveler

Use a blow torch to blast the door out. :D

Hot water is good to open up frozen doors. I never had this situation before but a good rule is to always keep calm and think of a solution.

HillbillyMama

That is one reason I am thankful we have a generator and a gas furnace too so ours doesn't usually get cold enough to freeze us in though we have kicked our doors in to open them in the past. LOL

Fletcher

Sorry for the delay. The holidays are wearing me down! We had a little Coleman torch and we just held it back far enough to let the heat melt the ice until we could ram the door open! It was very entertaining!

Ruffles

Oh man I bet that was a sight to see. Grown men trying to ram their way out from a frozen up camper. Sorry to pick at you but I sure needed that laugh.

OutTheBackDoor

That would have been tough. Yeah, a Coleman torch will do it. Better yet, oil the door good before you go camping and it won't freeze up. The dratted foam on the door likes to freeze if it gets too cold outside so I oil the door up really good before we go out in the camper.

Fletcher

Ruffles, laugh all you want! It was really hilarious.

OutTheBackDoor, thanks for the tip. I have never heard that and I wouldn't ever think of it on my own. Does it work on truck doors too? Mine has a rubbery feeling liner.

Ruffles

Good to know you are okay with me laughing at your expense. lol I can only imagine the drama of a couple guys pinned in a camper.