Gigwam Tents?

ejdixon

Has anyone heard of this? I came across this one website that I usually go and found that they are giving away a Gigwam tent for two people. Looks like a pretty cool tent. I'm still checking around for reviews especially when it comes to setting up and taking care of this.

Would love to hear your feedback and take on this?

bsmit212

It won't let me fill out the form haha. Never heard of them but look cool. But hey, if it is free who cares if it sucks, it was free. haha. If you win lets us know how they are.

RingTwist

They look ok but I like more space in my tent, so I'll get a 4 person tent for 2 people. Please let us know what you think of the Gigwam if you win one.

ppine

Forester
They look like single-wall tents with several entrances for ventilation. Sort of like kiddee tents for the backyard.

Judy Ann

When I checked out the site there was no weight listed, so I wouldn't think of it for backpacking. Additionally, the black might become too warm for southern temperatures during the warmer months (April-October) and there seemed to be a lot of crawling around involved. I didn't see the dimensions listed either.

It would be a little pricey for a family tent by the time a couple of the components were purchased. I prefer to face all the tents with doorways facing each other and next to each other when the kids and their friends are along so I can keep an ear out for them.

Hikenhunter

Too much crawling to get in and out. Also it doesn't seem to have a bathtub style floor which means seams at ground level=leaking when it rains. I entered the contest because if it is free I will give it try but for 200 bucks I believe I could find something better right here in the good old USA.

shaun

These tents have borrowed their design from the traditional wigwam, it is nothing original. I've stayed in a proper wigwam, much bigger than those tents. A wigwam is not very warm, I don't particularly like them and I don't like the look of the tents either.