Good present?

hikingprincess

My boyfriends niece is totally into horses and rides in competitions (English). What would be an affordable Christmas gift that we can give her?

oldmangunner

I do not know what it costs but I think it is a pretty cool idea. You could get her one of these equestrian airbags. Not sure how practical the idea really is but I think the Idea is pretty sound.

Thumper

How about a new saddle blanket if she already has a horse or just a fuzzy throw with horses on it if she doesn't. There are a lot of jewelry items now that are equestrian themed.

Captain

How about books or educational items on the horses that she likes. I would think they would be within reason cost wise. I'm not sure how much the other "horse" related items cost.

crosscountry

Books are always a good idea. You could try maybe a bridle or a new helmet. Maybe even see about the riding outfits they need for competition or riding boots?

hikingprincess

Thanks for all the good ideas everyone! Oldman that airbag looks interesting to say the least. She already has a horse and equipment galore so maybe I can make her one of those fleece tie together blankets with horses on it or something.

lbean

You might get her some collectible figurines. I know quite a few people who ride horses that also like to collect these. If she starts young she could have quite the collection.

Chary

How about a new show halter? One of the ones that has a lead rope that is part chain and the other part is leather. Oftentimes someone like this can also use a new brush and curry comb, depending on the condition of the one they are using.