Halloween at the campground

campclose

We are going to the campground this coming weekend and it's Halloween weekend. I can't wait! The kids are really excited too. There will be trick or treating, hay rides, haunted houses, etc.. It is going to be fun!

Marshmallow

Why are they celebrating Halloween so early? We visit a favorite campground lots of summers, and they have some great Halloween activities, but it's usually the two weekends around October 31.

JeepThrills

I was wondering if I dozed off and ended up in the middle of October. It's bad enough the decorations are already in the store!

Yab9

Well, it really is strange to celebrate something way ahead of its time, but if it is for kids, I can understand. It's going to be something like a themed party, right? I hope you'll have loads of fun!

Last edited:

Esperahol

Here's hoping ya'll enjoy yourselves, even if somebody is apparently confused. Really they're only a month and twenty days off, and that can happen to anybody. I do it all the time.

shaun

September is a little early for Halloween. Why do you celebrate Halloween early? I'm looking forward to Halloween, it's one of my favorite times of the year. My son is 6 and he loves Halloween, I will be taking him trick-or-treating with a few of his buddies.

bsmit212

Have fun, sounds like a great time. But I am with JeepThrills, it is bad enough that halloween stuff is already out in stores.

3ofusnow

I think it sounds like fun and I am sure the kids will all have a great time, even if it is odd to celebrate it so early.

carmen

Out in the woods for any type of year is a good thing and even if you celebrate early what better place than the woods to tell those spooky stories around the camp fire? Camping through Halloween is something we have never done that I remember but it sounds like it would be a blast.

RingTwist

I think it's odd to celebrate so early too, but I love Halloween. I'd celebrate it now and later too! Your weekend promises to be a lot of fun.

campclose

It's not too early for Halloween in Upstate NY. By the end of October it will be too cold and most people don't camp. Heck they do Christmas in July at the campground. I think it might the last weekend the seasonal campers stay at the campground.

ejdixon

I was wondering if I dozed off and ended up in the middle of October. It's bad enough the decorations are already in the store!
I was thinking the same thing. Thankfully, it isn't or else my fiancee would have killed me. I promised her to accompany her to the Black Friday sales. Just thinking about that gives me the shivers. It's extremely scarier than camping out in a cemetery on Halloween if you ask me.

Last edited:

Boboque

I thought it was a bit early too but I hear up in Kentucky, somewhere in the Daniel Boone National Forest, they held a Bigfoot hunt. They got a special use permit and charged each participant $75 bucks to go out and tramp around in the woods. One woman said she saw it. But then again I think spirits of a stronger kind were involved. :D

Pathfinder1

Hi...

My first winter in AK was one of the coldest that anyone could remember. I was in the Arctic that Halloween, and the kids in that small community were trick-or-treating at 30 below zero F. In Fairbanks the kids were only exposed to 20 below zero temps.

As an aside, when the temp in Fairbanks got to 50 below zero F or colder, parents had the option of keeping their kids or home OR sending them to school.

TroyS

So how was everyone's Halloween?

My kids had quite the blast here. No camping, but they were able to go out trick-or-treating with their grandparents. First time they have been able to do that. My wife and I managed to attend a Halloween get-together with some high school friends. Turned out to be a rather okay day for all of us.

Cappy

As far as doing stuff early I gotta put my 2cnts in:tinysmile_grin_t: Workin on a boat like I do I am only home for 1 outa 3 specific holidays. Thats how it works out. I learned early on if ya want folks to come celibrate with ya, ya much better off not doing it on the holiday but a week or more early. When I would try to invite family to Thanksgiving for instance every one was busy. Eating at parents, inlaws, or having folks over. When I did thanks giving the weekend before I always had a yard full I'm thinking a camp ground trying to fill up for a not too busy weekend thought of the same thing. tinysmile_fatgrin_t

RingTwist

We took the kids trick or treating as well, although we forgot to grab some glow sticks. Luckily the fire department had a truck out and they gave us a few for the kids.