Have anyone has done trekking in the eastern himalayas.

paaro

I have gone trekking here for quiet few times and enjoyed every time I have been there, through these trekking I have got lot of experience.

HereToday

When you've been hiking there have you ever met up with Lord Shiva? I've heard that he really fancies going out for a jaunt with the wife and little Ganesh, maybe taking Nandi for a walk? :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

pavan

I have been there once and enjoyed a lot of things like sight seeing, jungle safari, Transfer & sight seeing by NA/C car.
And even places like Sandakphu- Phalut, Sandakphu with Darjeeling, Dzongri- Gochala/Samiti Lake. If you get a chance to visit then dont miss these places.

henry

I have never been to Himalayas. But i have heard excellent experience about the place. Got to fix a schedule for it this year.

richy

Kanchenjunga (8586m) third highest in the world and second highest mountain of Nepal and Makalu (8463m) lies in the eastern part of Nepal. On the lap those Himalayan range different ethnic groups inhabited. More development efforts take place in the hills. Generally the eastern parts receive more rainfalls and hence increase agricultural productivity. The rhododendron forests and the spectacular mountain scenarios form the main attraction. Since tourists least visit the area then other popular trekking trails, a traveler must be self-sufficient or be able to live in a modified Nepalese style teahouses as lodges and inns are only very primitive available in lower area no lodge and teahouse are in high elevation. High mountain regions are pretty uninhabited; those venturing there must remain entirely Self-sufficient.

tpk

I didnt do it....But i heard it is full of mountainous places thus many trekking places are found...eg:sikkim

anand

The Himalayas, over the centuries, have attracted trekkers, mountaineers, pilgrims and ascetics. Its rugged heights crowned with snow and draped in vast glaciers.

Below the snowline at 18,000 ft, nature appears to relent and from the austere magnificence of the heights brings down to a different world of cascading water falls, lush green forests, flower-bedecked meadows and a variety of flora and and fauna. Here the rivers flow clear blue and icy.

Here nestle small villages and hamlets with their diverse local customs, dances, folklore and architecture. The people are as vibrant as their surroundings and in many cases innocent of the sometimes dubious benefits of modern civilization.

Hill people are traditionally very hospitable and this adds pleasure to trekking in the Himalayas more than anywhere else. Even at a height of 12,000 to 14,000 feet in secluded valleys, there are small village settlements tending their flocks of sheep and goats or herds of Yaks of nomadic shepherds and Gujjars. Even in the remote areas one can easily mix with the people and 'live off the land".

slide

Yeah its a very nice place to visit. Actually its one of the place one should never miss. The climate is terrific and the places are made for trekking.