Head or tails?

Yogi

In a small two or three person tent, do you sleep with your head towards the opening of the tent or towards the back of the tent. Pros and cons either way I suppose.

le Metis

matters not a hoot...my tent opens on both of the sides, not the ends. And, when using a Whelen, or a Baker it I like to face towards the rising Sun...

Frederico

I'm with le Mentis - I search for a spot where I can to pitch my tent with the opening facing sunrise - and sleep with my head at the opening.

John13np

I'm with refrig. It does not really matter to me, I'll sleep with my head on the high end. With my tent I have openings on both sides. What do you do?

Hayley

Wherever I end up lying down is the direction I face. It really doesn't matter to me, so I don't think about this. It's been pretty mixed, too, so I can't even say that I end up in the same place more often than not.

Rookie

I like my head toward the door. When it's a clear night, I'll stick my head out and watch the stars. When there are more than one of us, we'll all head the same direction.

Bambi

I like to sleep with my head at the door so I can look out the tent at the sky. It also makes it quite a bit easier for those times at 2 a.m. when "nature calls"....

twodogs

steven randall
In the old west, The Plains Indians would set there tee-pees up with the openings facing east . This way they would open them up in the mornings and let the morning sun burn off any dew that formed , Then in the evenings as the sun would go down to the west it would stay cooler in side if they need to go in side. they also would sit by the door and be in the shade of there lodge . So I try to set my camp this way if I can .

jloomis

I also like my head at the highest end or near the door if both ends are the same. But I prefer sleeping under the stars. Then I always point my head uphill. The blood rushing to my head starts to bug me otherwise.

YogiBear

We have always slept with our feet at the door of the tent. I don't know why maybe it was the way my dad did it when I was growing up.