Hiking Boots

BritishInvasion

Anyone know of a good pair of hiking boots? Looking to snag some new ones for the summer season. Don't wanna spend a fortune though.

wvbreamfisherman

I picked up some Columbia Coremic Ridge hikers a couple weeks ago for $50. They are last year's model apparently, but pretty comfy and light. Haven't had a chance to really hike in them much yet.

Michael

I have a pair of Vasques. I think I paid something like 90 dollars for them. They're leather + synthetic.

Two things stood out when I was buying them. First, they're available in double wide, which is great because I've got very wide feet. Second, they required zero breaking in; they were perfectly comfortable from the first time I put them on.

Now, a year later, they're going strong. I tend to be tough on footwear, but they're okay. The treads on the bottom look like they're going to last another year before they're going to feel a little bald. The water proofing is still such that I can stand almost ankle deep in water and my feet stay dry.

steves

I loved my Vasques unfortunately they didn't hold up well for me,fortunately EMS kept replacing them for free until we decided to try the Asolo's.
So far so good with the asolo's I wear one pair to work and beat the daylight out of them, they have stood up better than Red Wing and any Chippewas I have ever had. I keep another pair for hiking and have had no issues with at least 200 miles logged so far.

JameyStanley

I recently started wearing Merrells, They are really comfortable and require almost no break-in period. In addition I really like the looks of merrells. The first pair I got were $150 and lasted about a year before the tread came apart in one spot, I tried a different pair for $120 and they started coming apart after two weeks of use, of course they replaced them at no charge, how ever the replacement pair were ungodly uncomfortable so I switched them out for the $150 pair

dinosaur

troublemaker
I paid $110 for my Vasque boots. I beat the crap out of them and they keep coming. Good boots.

BritishInvasion

thanks guys, i'm still searching but i found that sportsmansguide is having a 'hiker footwear' sale that ends today. i'm trying to not get caught by my boss as i search for a solid pair of boots! haha

BUUZBEE

Tent Camper :)
I just got a pair of Keen for this summers camping/hiking trips... they felt good when I tried them on and did some walking around the store.... price was pretty decent too $109. I dont use them enought to warrant spending big bucks on them :)