Horrible Campsite!

SweetSassyLady

We went down to get a camp site at our local state park and we set up. Well, we had been there about an hour and we found why it was the only camp site available. Turns out we were directly under the local air ambulance's flight path. So we left. Now we're back home and are going farther tomorrow after I find out if there is a campsite at another state park. I am upset we didn't find out about the noise before we camped.

outdoorchick

I am so sorry! I know how disappointing that must be for the whole family. I hope you find a better spot tomorrow where you can enjoy the weekend!

outwest

The only good part of that is that they would be quick to assist you should anything go wrong. When I am sleeping I like silence so I totally understand why you left.

campclose

Funny outwest! I would have left too and went elsewhere. That sucks that it was going to be so loud. How did the kids react when you left? Did you find another campsite?

LongShanks

I usually camp out in the wild so campsites don't matter for me. I would rather get away from the people as well as the other traces of civilization. It's just my preference.

Forester

The kids would have loved to see those choppers up close and maybe get a tour around. Oh well, I am talking about the kid who grew up in the forest in Asia and choppers were a real wonder to watch. But I understand the noise problem. Hope you'll be lucky tomorrow.

Judy Ann

YESSSSS!!!! Three of our patients got new sets of lungs today...still one patient who has been with us 2 months is waiting for a heart. Kinda gives a new prospective on air noise pollution, however I feel your pain as my last 8 day camping trip was under the night manuever path of fighter jets.

The first night I feared that I was camping by the perfect location of drug runners (high mountain lake and low flying planes). Threw our the Stephen King and Tom Clancy novels the next morning. It didn't help any that someone was using green night sticks to fish off the boat dock. It took a few days before I believed any of my neighbors (4 people in 1 mile) that they didn't have midnight visitors! :) I knew that I was in Moonshine Country, but my little imagination got the better of me this trip!!! Currently checking out ads for bigger dogs...just kidding Abby!!!