How did you get your user name

rockytibby

Just curious as to how you got or came up with your user name.
I use my dogs names Rocky the husky and Tibby the shep/st. bernard.

freedommachine

Its the name of my jeep wrangler. It got it because it make me feel free. With no doors and top just open air and not much keeping you in. That and it can take me down roads not to many vehicals can go. I like to hike, but somtimes I can cover more ground in a day in the jeep. Or set up base camp way out away from other people. Say its a machine and gives me freedom from doors, good roads, people. It gives us way more places to christmas tree cut and more than I can think of.

oldsarge

The unit I was in had a bunch of Sergeant E-5's in it and I was the oldest at age 25. They all called me Old Sarge as a joke. It just kind of stuck. Many years later, after I got computer and had to come up with a user name, it was the first thing that popped into my head.

By the way Freedommachine...Nice Jeep! Some day I hope to get my 04 Rubi tweaked out a little.

dinosaur

troublemaker
The name "Dinosaur" was given to me back in the eighties by a close friend of mine whose contention was that I was one of the last of a dying breed.

InTheWoods

When I was growing up, at the end of our street there was approx 2-acre undeveloped wood area. All the neighborhood kids called it the "woods". It had bushes, mesquite, and hackberry trees and was great for hiding, exploring and telling stories. We thought it was scary and mysterious and loved walking into this very different world. My first true discovery of nature.

Jobiwan

Inspired by Ben Kenobi aka Obi-Wan. It was an inside joke (circa 1984) that labeled me Jobiwan. I've used it as a trail name and as a screen name since the days of dial up bulletin board services using a 1200 baud modem. :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Anyone use or even remember Prodigy?

hikinboot

I was trying to find a good screen name and I liked to hike and my wife had just bought a new pair of hiking boots so it just kind of took shape and I became hikinboot.

Bob

It is actually the name my parents gave me when I was born........(well, they named me Robert, but it's the same thing of course.)

Sophia

Obviously, I am not very creative. I just used my first name, because I just drew a blank when I was signing up. I was so happy to just find this forum that I didn't have time to think up anything better.