How Much Would You Spend?

Northern Dancer

"HELLO, CAMP FANS WHERE EVER YOU ARE...I hope your troubles are few." :Smile2:

Talking about the cost of equipment. I mean, just how much are you prepared to spend on a piece of equipment? Something like this for example.

The YETI Cast Iron Skillet may be the most expensive cast iron pan on the market. But, is it worth the $400 price tag? This is a great article by Rachelle Schrute. Take a look and see WHAT YOU THINK. [Gear Junkie]

I thought the one I bought from Value Village for $10.99 was a great deal; made by Lodge.

By the way, have you seen the new Kodiak Canvas tent?

Roybrew

Hello Rick. Yes you are right. But 400$? Man that's a lot of cabbage. Yeti makes some great products and I think the quality is top notch, but I can't justify paying for a name brand. I'd like to know what is about these frying pans that make them worth 6 times more then the average top of the line.

Will they hold up fighting off a bear?

ppine

Forester
It doesn't matter how much money you have, a a $400 cast iron pan is ridiculous.
I did buy a small Kodiak tent. Trying out at the end of the month.

Roybrew

What makes one cast iron frying pan better then another cast iron pan? Does the thicker iron radiate more heat? Of course the thicker the iron the heavier it is, and takes longer to heat up. Does thickness play a roll with seasoning? What about how smooth the cooking surface is? Maybe the smoother the surface the less sticking of food? Hmm interesting thoughts. Just me thinking.
Roy

Roybrew

Well bust my .... Bubbles! The 400$ Yeti frying pans sold out with in 12 hrs after advertising them. Hmmm not going to make any comments about it, but wow.

Now as far as a tent goes, that's a different story. Kodiak makes great tents from what I've heard. Let us know what you think of it PPine.
Roy

rickmillers

Fitness application development involves creating mobile or web applications that cater to fitness and health-related activities. Here are some key aspects to consider when developing a fitness application:

Northern Dancer

It doesn't matter how much money you have, a a $400 cast iron pan is ridiculous.
I did buy a small Kodiak tent. Trying out at the end of the month.
-----> Tell me more about your Kodiak tent. I sure like the new one that they produced.